When it comes to wandering and exploring, I've always felt pulled by an invisible force to just go... somewhere, anywhere and see the world. I've had some incredible experiences, the one I loved the most and also was the most brutal trip, was when I moved from Barrie, ON to Edmonton, AB on the Greyhound bus in 2003! It was a 58 hour drive and I was sleeping on the bus too, it was so uncomfortable but I thought it was worth it. I've often just packed my bags and left for a new city, not knowing where I was going. It was exhilarating and gave me the sense of freedom I need. Canada is such a beautiful country, we are truly lucky to live here.
I never want to stop exploring, even things that have been found before but have been forgotten are interesting to me. Like abandoned houses and places.
Wherever you like to roam, these quotes are sure to inspire you to plan some time to do just that!
1. "The world is a book, those who do not travel, read only one page." -St-Augustine
2. "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
4. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” –Albert Einstein
5. "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust
6. "Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe."
Which quote and/or image was your favorite? Tell me in the comments and please share, I really appreciate it!